Logie goal salvages point at Bedworth

Bedworth United

Bedworth United

Reece (17)
Slough Town

Slough Town

Logie (88)
League Attendance: 158 Ricky Perks
Adam Logie's late goal rescued a point for Slough Town at Bedworth United's Oval ground.

Slough travelled to Bedworth looking to build on Tuesday night’s excellent result at Marlow as they returned to League action. Naming an unchanged side, there was only a place for new signing Anthony Thomas on the bench.

The opening quarter of the game was a disjointed, scrappy affair littered with unnecessary free kicks and foul throws.

The match needed to be sparked into life and when Danny Murphy was caught in possession a quick switched pass to the Bedworth left flank picked out full back Reece, who took the ball on a couple of strides before rifling a shot into the right hand corner leaving Ricky Perks with no chance.

In falling behind, Slough suddenly seemed to realise that they were in a football match and began to play. Neat interchanges in midfield created space for Murphy whose long range shot was parried by Martin in the Bedworth goal with Sippetts unable to make contact with the rebound after being well marshalled by Cooper.

Moments later and Martin’s gloves were again stung by a long range effort. This time a long ball forward by Seeby was flicked on by Sippetts and Burnell fired goalwards from 25 yards but Martin did manage to save comfortably.

It was not however one way traffic, Withers had Perks making a scrambling save after he cut passed Sweeney and fired his own long range effort at goal.

Whilst Slough were creating chances these seemed to be limited to long range pot shots as they couldn’t break down a well organised Bedworth defences. Just before the half hour Swift’s raking cross field pass picked out Sippetts who again saw his shot from the edge of the area comfortably saved.

On the half hour mark, Logie was penalised for holding Blyth and Swift was booked for dissent. The free kick came to nought but Swift’s booking may have had more to do with frustration as injury shortly forced him off and he was replaced by debutant Thomas. At this point Slough seemed to revert to a 4-4-2 formation with Thomas and Sonner filling in on the flanks.

The second half began in similar fashion to the first with the game being regularly broken up with free kicks and scrappy play. Slough always looked most threatening when they got their passing game going and a slick move on 55 minutes saw the ball played down the right flank to Sonner whose cross was met by Burnell but flashed wide.

Just after the hour mark Moore replaced Withers for Bedworth and he almost had an instant impact as his first touch was to fire a shoot against the bar.

This prompted Steve Bateman into his second change and another change of shape as Byrne replaced Sippetts. But whilst the Rebels continued to plug away, they were unable to create any clear cut chances and Bedworth continued to threaten.

With quarter of an hour to go Sonner was replaced by Martin but there was no real shape to the team or to the play and it seemed the game was drifting towards a one nil defeat for the Rebels.

With just four minutes to go a free kick on the right flank was swung into the danger zone by Murphy and Logie flicked a header past Martin to equalise.

A tepid second half was suddenly sparked into life as the dying moments of the game were suddenly turned into fast flowing attacking football, with play going from end to end - but the two best chances fell to Bedworth’s Stanley, however Perks was up to the task saving well on each occasion.

Bedworth United Lineup

James Martin, Ben Twigger, Dominic Reece, Ryan Scott, Adam Cooper, Kyle Cartwright, Dean Rathbone, Lee Greenway, Jacob Blyth, Jai Stanley, Mark Withers. Subs: Ashley Wilks, Aiden Moore, Levi Ramsey, Luke Williams, Alex Dean


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024