Next match

Team logo
Virgina Water (H)
Fri Jul 5

Next match

Team logo
Virgina Water (H)
Fri Jul 5 19:45
The Vanarama National League South

Unbeaten run ends at Chelmsford

Chelmsford City

Chelmsford City

Terry (59), Krasniqi (62)
Slough Town

Slough Town

League Attendance: 557
Slough’s unbeaten run came to an end as the Rebels lost 2-0 to Chelmsford City at The Melbourne Stadium on Monday night, writes David Tancred.

Chelmsford got their first chance of the game on 7 minutes with the ball being played across the six yard area but Temi Eweka produced a brilliant last-ditch tackle to deny the home side from scoring a tap-in.

Slough’s first chance of the game was on 10 after the ball was played over the top to Ogo Obi, who used his pace to get past the Chelmsford defence however the angle was tight with the strike going agonisingly past the post.

The Rebels were in behind the Chelmsford defence once again two minutes later after Francis Amartey found himself in on goal, with the forward’s effort being blocked out for a corner by Eddie Beach.

On 18 minutes Lee Togwell had a strike from 25 yards with the effort whistling past Beach’s post.

The Rebels away support gave their appreciation to birthday boy Josh Jackman in the 23rd minute singing him a happy birthday whilst he took a throw in.

Slough nearly got the opening goal just before the break. Imran Kayani ran at the Chelmsford defence and picked out Louis Walsh on the far side with the effort being superbly blocked by Frankie Terry.

Slough’s first chance of the second half came three minutes in, as Kayani had an effort from distance which was parried out for a corner by Beach.

Frankie Terry gave Chelmsford the lead in the 58th minute after George Grant and Ody Alfa linked up well to win a corner for the hosts, with Terry turning home after the ball pinballed in the box with the defender eventually finding the net – his first goal for the Clarets.

Chelmsford quickly doubled their lead on 62 minutes when Arjanit Krasniqi wriggled his way into the box and rifled a shot at Will Dennis’s near post into the roof of the net.

The Rebels were given some hope six minutes later after an off-the-ball incident involving Reece Grant resulted in the Chelmsford player being sent off.

Slough pushed for a way back into the game but were unable to create any clear cut chances.

Matt Lench had the final chance of the game for Slough on 85 minutes after the midfielder had a strike from the edge of the area which was saved by Beach.

Tom Blackwell hit the crossbar for the hosts deep into stoppage time as the Essex side had the final chance to extend their lead.

This defeat means that Slough’s unbeaten run of seven games comes to an end, with the Rebels looking to return to winning ways on Saturday against Welling United at Arbour Park.

Chelmsford City Lineup

Eddie Beach, Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, Liam Trotter, Dave Winfield, Simeon Jackson (Tom Blackwell 72), Khale DaCosta (Jamie Yila 89), Ody Alfa (Callum Jones 72), Reece Grant, Ben Brookes, Frankie Terry, Arjanit Krasniqi. Unused substitutes: Kai Yearn, Freddie Hockey.


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024