Next match

Team logo
Enfield Town (A)
Wed Sep 27

Next match

Team logo
Enfield Town (A)
Wed Sep 27 14:00
The National League U19 Alliance

Ding Ease To Victory

| League
Att: 338
Slough Town
0 - 2
Telemaque (20), Jordan (70)
Christian Metcalfe
Slough finally waved goodbye to promotion for yet another year under Steve Browne’s Management as the side sunk 2-0 in a poor performance to Yeading. A goal in each half was enough for the Yeading win as cries from the terraces for Browne’s head were ringing yet again.

Michael Gilkes created the first of few chances of the game, His cross from the left wing met the head of Tony Boot but his weak effort rolled wide of the post. Minutes later the in form Christian Metcalfe slid in and won the ball from the feet of Derek Brown, his pass to Sammy Winston was weighted perfectly but Winston’s ball into the box was too early for the flat out Tony Boot. Byron Bubb had the last effort for Slough before Yeading began to dominate, his cross was headed towards goal by Anthony Howard but the Keeper managed to tip the ball over the bar with Slough failing to capitalise on the resulting corner.

Then on the 20th minute Yeading took the lead. Errol Telemaque ran from the middle of the field with no attempt of a tackle from any Slough player and chipped the ball nicely over the head of Dominique Jean Zepherin in the Slough goal. Yeading could have added another moments later, Leon Woodruffe pulled the trigger from the edge of the box and Zepherin could do nothing but luckily watch his powerful shot rattle against the Stauntion of the goal. Dwayne Lee won a free kick for Yeading midway through the first half after being bought down by Darron Wilkinson, but Woodruffe blasted the free kick into the horse’s field to the side of the goal. Errol Telemaque had another effort saved in the dying minutes of the first half, his run from the centre saw his shot was tipped over the bar by the stretched Zepherin.

Slough had the last chance of the half though, Sammy Winston was hacked down on the edge of the box but Byron Bubb’s free kick was well wide of the mark.

Manager Steve Browne made two substitutions at half time, Adrian Brown and Ryan Spencer replaced the ineffective pair of Ryan Williams and Byron Bubb.

Slough looked fired up after the break, Darron Wilkinson saw a superb strike take a deflection from Yeading’s Emond Protain but the referee incorrectly awarded a goal kick as the ball flew narrowly the wrong side of the upright.

Slough, however did win a corner soon after, Steve Daly headed Gilkes’ swinger over the bar. Slough’s midfield looked stronger since Williams’ departure, neat work across the middle saw Spencer’s brilliant pass fall into Tony Boot’s line, but Boot didn’t move and the ball rolled to Matt Hodson in the Yeading goal.

But Steve Browne was looking for a goal so he bought on Ian Hodges for Tony Boot. His thoughts were rewarded moments later, but at the other end! Steve Daly was caught flat-footed and could do nothing other than watch Danny Jordon fly passed him and neatly tap the ball round Zepherin to put Yeading 2-0 up. This was the last real effort in a rather poor performance from both teams, but Yeading deservedly went home with all three points.

With speculation around the ground about plans for next season the one thing we can be sure about is that Slough will be staying in Ryman Division 1.

Yeading Line up


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2023