Rebels Held For Cup Replay

Corinthian Casuals

Corinthian Casuals

Getting (71)
Slough Town

Slough Town

Hazel (74, pen)
FA Cup Attendance: 264 Paul McKinnon
The Rebels started their assault on this season's F.A. Cup against this evening's visitors on a dry windy day in Tolworth.

Watched by 264, we dominated the match for long periods and had a number of opportunities to open the scoring without putting those chances away. Allan Pluckrose, Mark Quamina, Paul McKinnon and Andy Sayer all had chances to score in the first half, but we failed to make them count and turned around goalless.

After the break we resumed our attacking play, with Les Briley working tirelessly throughout and generating the team into action. As with the first 45 minutes, Allan Pluckrose, Paul McKinnon and Andy Sayer all had opportunities but had their shots either saved or miss the target.

Despite Slough's control of the match, we fell behind after 71 minutes. Steer's long-range effort was well saved by Trevor Bunting who pushed the ball away for a corner. From that corner, our defence was flat footed and Getting stole in to head into the top right-hand corner to give the Spartan League side the lead.

But the threat of giant killing proved to be short-lived as we levelled within three minutes. Paul McKinnon was held in the Corinthian-Casuals' 18-yard box and the referee awarded a penalty. Ian Hazel stepped up to calmly despatch the spot-kick low into the back of the net to draw us level.

Thereafter we continued to press for the winner. Allan Pluckrose had an excellent chance to score but could not prevent his header from going over the bar. George Friel had a couple of shots, the first of which struck the crossbar, before a last-minute effort hit the post.

The corner count emphasised the Rebel's superiority, with thirteen corners to the home side's four, but the full-time score remained level.

Corinthian Casuals Lineup


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024