Dagenham Defeated As Rebels Winning Run Continues

Slough Town

Slough Town

Anderson (48), Sayer (89)
Dagenham & R.

Dagenham & R.

League Attendance: 1813 Les Briley
On bright sunny but windy day, we had to wait an extra ten minutes for the action to start, due to a police request to help with the congestion outside the ground. However the wait was worthwhile as the bumper 1,800-plus crowd were served with an entertaining and skilful match.

Slough kicked off and went straight on the offensive. An early free-kick, following a foul on Alan Pluckrose, was taken by Les Briley. His effort was cleared by the D&R defence, but the Rebels kept the pressure on the visitors defence. Good work by Paul McKinnon and Ian Hazel released Alan Pluckrose. His first-time effort took a deflection off a defender and McKenna was only just able to reach it.

After just seven minutes Andy Sayer was pushed in the 18-yard area and Slough were awarded a penalty. Sayer took the penalty, but his shot hit the bar. Slough continued to push forward, but Dagenham & Redbridge also had the occasional opening. After 11 minutes Trevor Bunting made a fine save from Mario Walsh, whose header looked set to break the deadlock.

A minute later Paul Watts tried a hopeful lob into the Rebels 18-yard box, but with Bunting struggling to make his ground, he watched the ball dip just over the bar. Slough remained in control however. Andy Sayer had the Dagenham & Redbridge defence beaten when he latched on to a fine through ball from Les Briley, but with only McKenna to beat Sayer would have been disappointed to have had his effort saved by the 'keeper.

Our first corner came on the half-hour and the ball fell to Mark Quamina but his effort was deflected past the Dagenham goal.The first-half closed with Blackford threatening from only ten yards out, his shot was well save by Bunting who conceded the corner meaning the score remained goalless at half time.

The second-half saw more of the same, with the Rebels attacking from the start. Slough finally got their reward when we took the lead after 48 minutes. Alan Pluckrose's corner from the right was lifted to the near post, where Darren Anderson headed past McKenna inside the near post.

As the second-half wore on Dagenham & Redbridge pushed forward the equaliser, but eventually paid for this in the dying moments. Another excellent through ball from Les Briley released Andy Sayer, he wrong footed the keeper before sliding the ball home to make it twelve points out of twelve!

Dagenham & R. Lineup


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024