Next match

Team logo
Hemel Hempstead Town (A)
Sat Apr 1

Next match

Team logo
Hemel Hempstead Town (A)
Sat Apr 1 15:00
The Vanarama National League South

Slough Put In a Gr-eight Performance

| FA Cup
Att: 436
Slough Town
Girvan o.g. (2), Stanley (25, 78) Adams (28), Morley o.g. (37), Anderson (74), Bashir (76), How (80)
8 - 0
Neal Stanley
Slough Town set the pace in the FA Cup when they became the afternoon's highest scorers as they crushed Feltham by eight clear goals. Dominating the game from start to finish, the Rebels had their easiest outing for many seasons as the poor Feltham challenge stumbled to defeat following a gift own goal scored in the second minute

Whether Alan. Davies will be satisfied with this performance remains debatable. Certainly the forwards could, with any luck have doubled the score while the defence was twice caught napping by a forward line that was light years from those normally encountered in the Conference.

None of those currently on loan from Barnet were included in the team and so the side had a more familiar look. Sean Lahiff had done enough against Kettering to get the managers nod ahead of Bunting while Bashir played in place of skipper Mark Hill. Straight from the kick off, Slough went on the attack, and in the second minute Trevor How crossed from the right with Feltham's Darren Girvan providing perfect finishing as he headed emphatically past Gary Pearce to provide an early lead.

The Rebels continued on the attack, but the final ball was not being laid off perfectly, and chances came and went with some regularity. Midway through the half Mark Adams and Neal Stanley were the providers for each other in quick succession. With 25 minutes gone Adams on the right for once found Stanley unmarked, and Slough's top scorer volleyed home with ease.

Three minutes later Stanley returned the compliment for Adams to turn the ball into the corner of the net. Nine minutes later all semblance of a contest ended when Morley headed past his 'keeper for a second own goal, a feat which he almost repeated soon afterwards. In the final moments Tommy Langley saw his goal bound shot rebound off the line for a fruitless corner, half time arriving with Slough enjoying the comfort of a four goal margin.

Within minutes of the resumption, the luckless Langley was replaced by Capital League top scorer Darren Colwill, a strapping centre forward who has yet to force his way into the Conference side. The game continued with Slough encamped in the Feltham half but without any addition to the score, as Colwill responded well to the calls of his team mates when on certain occasions he might well have had a go.

Just when it seemed that Slough were not going to add to their tally an inspired period saw them hit the net four times in seven minutes. The first followed Colwill's persistence when he forced Feltham to concede a corner. From the flag kick Anderson headed firmly past Pearce in the 74th minute, and two minutes later Bashir was on target from close range.

Another two minutes and Stanley collected a through pass from Steve Thompson, and outpacing the visitors defence drew Pearce to slide the ball home. In the 80th minute Bashir's perfect corner was headed home by How for his first goal of the season.

Slough should have reached double figures but were unable to capitalise in the closing minutes when Mark Adams shot over the bar from a yard out, a dividing header from Steve Thompson went narrowly wide, and another glancing header from Colwill clipped the back of the bar with the keeper well beaten.

Feltham Line up

Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2023