Slough end losing streak with draw at Worthing



Splatt (pen 7), Bowry (76)
Slough Town

Slough Town

Davies (12), Jackman (58)
League Attendance: 968
Slough Town broke their losing streak with this draw at Crucial Environmental Stadium against Worthing, writes Adam Novysedlák.

The game started very badly for Slough as the home team got an early penalty. A cross from Meekums met Guy Hollis’ hand and the referee pointed at the penalty spot. Javaun Splatt sent Rhys Forster the other way and got the home team into the lead in the seventh minute.

Slough responded very well as they managed to equalise only five minutes later. The onrushing Ben Harris was fouled by the Worthing keeper Alieu Secka, who was lucky to only get a yellow card and Slough had a free kick from the edge of the box. Scott Davies took the free kick and scored his second goal in three games as he curled it into the bottom corner to set the game level.

For the rest of the first half, neither team could keep possession of the ball with too many sloppy passes and easy turnovers which were exploited by the offensive players who got into a lot of good positions. Despite this neither side could get themselves in front.

Aaron Kuhl had to be replaced with a calf injury just before 40 minutes were played as Matt Lench got off the bench to replace him.

Worthing had a better start in the second half as they created a chance only eight minutes after the second-half whistle. Splatt got behind Slough’s defence, went around Forster but his shot missed the target.

Slough had a brilliant response when they got into the lead only five minutes later. Matt Lench’s effort from about 20 yards hit the post but Josh Jackman’s follow-up shot brought the away team the lead.

Slough then had clear chances to extend their lead but unfortunately weren’t successful. Lench twice put Johnny Goddard into good positions, but on both occasions, when one-on-one against the keeper Goddard failed to get the ball into the net.

Lench then took matters into his own hands and his shot from 25 yards just went inches over the crossbar.

Worthing punished Slough’s inability to add another goal by equalising. Moe Shubbar’s corner landed on Daniel Bowry’s head, and he levelled the scores.

Worthing then applied the pressure and tried to seal all three points. Ollie Pearce’s free kick just went wide and the same player’s header in added time missed the target yet again.

Slough managed to end their losing streak and will try to get another good performance next Saturday at Arbour Park against St Albans City.

Worthing Lineup

Secka, Cocoracchio, Tutt, Barker (Bowry 25), Shubbar, Wills (c), Splatt (Pearce 63), Rye, Akanbi, Meekums, Jammeh (Kealy 63). Unused substitutes: Adam, McLeod.


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2024