Match day

Team logo
Kings Langley (H)
Wed Oct 4

Match day

Team logo
Kings Langley (H)
Wed Oct 4 14:00
The National League U19 Alliance

Late equaliser saves Rebels

| FA Cup
Att: 305
AFC Totton
Bundy (25), Osman (75)
2 - 2
Slough Town
Winston (19), Palmer (90+3)
Paul Barrowcliff
An equaliser three minutes into second-half stoppage time from defender Dean Palmer gave the Rebels a draw they barely deserved against AFC Totton to earn a replay at Wexham Park Stadium on Tuesday night.

Both sides had chances early on, with Slough's Sammy Winston forcing goalkeeper Wayne Shaw into a low save from a header after a Byron Bubb cross.

Patrick James had a chance for the home side soon after, but his shot from a narrow angle was saved by Adrian Blake.

Early in the half Winston was causing the AFC Totton defence problems with his pace. He had another chance for the Rebels after a good run but Winston shot wide when he should have passed the ball to Byron Bubb in the area.

It was Winston who opened the scoring for the Rebels on nineteen minutes when a cross from Barrowcliff was controlled by the striker before taking the ball closer to goal and slotting the ball past the goalkeeper into the net.

Just five minutes later the home side equalised when a cross into the area found Scott Bundy in space. He shot past Blake into the back of the net.

Slough only created one chance before half-time when a short free-kick by Byron Bubb found Michael Gilkes outside the area. His shot went a couple of yards wide of the Totton goal.

Manager Steve Browne was looking for a much improved performance in the second half, and despite having a lot of possession early on, the Rebels yet again failed to create many chances.

One chance did fall to Alvin Bubb after a long ball from Ryan Spencer. Bubb's lob over goalkeeper Shaw went inches over the bar.

Totton had a good chance themselves early in the half when a long throw into the Slough penalty area was not dealt with by the defence and somehow the ball seemed to hit the outside of the post and wide.

Slough should have taken the lead midway through the half when a pass from Byron Bubb found Spencer on the right hand edge of the area. Spencer's initial shot was saved and with goalkeeper Shaw grounded, Winston saw his follow-up shot cleared off the line and Winston, leaning back and off-balance, hit the next shot well over the crossbar.

Following this chance for the Rebels the home side took control of the match and looked the more likely of the two sides to take the lead.

And they did with fifteen minutes remaining, when substitute Mark Osman's well-struck shot from the right hand edge of the area went into the back of the net.

Almost immediately Slough threw on Anthony Howard and Tony Boot in search of an equaliser.

Boot almost made an immediate impact when his shot from just inside the area was saved by Shaw.

With the Rebels pushing forward in search of an equaliser, Slough were in danger of conceding a breakaway goal and Totton had a few chances to score another.

However with the clock showing almost 93 minutes played, Slough equalised when Veli Hakki won a corner that Michael Gilkes curled into the area. Defender Dean Palmer threw himself at the ball and headed an equaliser much to the relief and delight of the traveling players and supporters.

AFC Totton Line up


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2023