Next match

Team logo
Bromley (A)
Sat Dec 9

Next match

Team logo
Bromley (A)
Sat Dec 9 15:00
The Vanarama National League South

Ten Man Rebels Beaten In Bedfordshire

| League
Att: 240
Arlesey Town
Theodosiou (91)
1 - 0
Slough Town
Adrian Browne
Slough Town travelled into Bedfordshire looking at extending their unbeaten run in the league, but the referee it appears, had other ideas.

Arlesey started much the brighter of the two sides as they carved apart the Slough defence twice in the opening ten minutes. Marvin Samuel nearly capitalised on a poorly cleared cross, but shot wide from 12 yards when he should have found the target. Minutes later, Wayne Cort found himself as an overlap and received the ball in space in the area but dragged his shot wide.

Slough's first chance came from the industrious Sammy Winston. Breaking through three challenges, the striker saw only the goal in his sights, but shot wide with Gilkes and Hakki pleading for a cut back with both unmarked on the edge of the area.

Jamie Richards should have given Arlesey the lead after 1 minutes when he was given time and space in the area, but placed his weak shot too close to Blake who as able to make a comfortable save. Winston again got through the back of the Arlesey defence as Hakki blocked a clearance which fell nicely to the Rebels striker, but again, could not find the target with his shot.

Winston again was the benefactor of a deep Paul Barrowcliff cross, but as his header looped goalwards, Martyn Patching in the Arlesey goal was able to comfortably save. Slough were now beginning to dominate the midfield area and Arlesey had resorted to long balls from the defence up to their tall strike force.

Chances came to Adrian Brown, Alvin Bubb and Michael Gilkes, but all three missed the target as Slough failed to make their continuing pressure result in a goal. As the half time whistle blew and the players walked off the field a scuffle ensued. The result was a booking for Steve Magona, and a second booking for Chris Metcalf despite heavy protest from both Steve Browne and Troy Townsend and as a result, Metcalf was shown the red card as was Steve Browne as the Arlesey players involved went unpunished.

Slough re-shaped in the second half and continued to impose themselves on the opposition despite being a man down. Whilst not being over adventurous with their approach, Slough continued to look dangerous with Veli Hakki orchestrating moves from the midfield but again, Slough lacked the final ball and as a result were not creating any clear chances, but defensively, they were also limiting Arlesey's chances to a premium thanks to another encouraging performance from Adrian Brown.

It took nearly thirty minutes for either side to fashion a chance and when it came, it fell to Arlesey's Wayne Cort. Receiving the ball on the edge of the area he again failed to hit the target, dragging his effort wide across the goal. Slough fans will have been pleased to see Anthony Howard make his competetive comeback entering the fray as a late sub for Sammy Winston as the Rebels looked to set up shop and hold on for their point. Another sbu in Ryan Spencer had a chance made for him by Alvin Bubb as he received the ball on the edge of the area but the midfielder was instantly under pressure and hit his shot wide.

The killer blow for Slough came when Arlesey gained a free kick on the edge of the area in injury time and up stepped Andy Theodosiou to curl the ball around the blind side of the wall and leave Adrian Blake stranded.

Arlesey Town Line up


Slough Town FC is not responsible for content produced on external websites | Copyright Slough Town FC 2023