Following the news earlier this week that we can resume training and match play from today, we would like to take this opportunity to remind parents and players of the requirements of participation whilst Slough remains in Tier 3.
Whilst training will resume for all teams this week, not all leagues are planning to restart until 12/13th December. Your managers will provide details on match times as usual.
Our priority at all times it to ensure the health and safety of our players, coaches and volunteers. Protecting everyone from the spread of COVID-19 will take precedence over all else and non-compliance will not be tolerated.
We need your support in encouraging your children to adopt safe practices, good hygiene, maintain distancing and to follow the instruction of the coaches at all times.
• Parents should assess their child’s health prior to training/matches. If they are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19 they should not attend. Please advise coaches.
- A new continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- A sore throat
- Loss or change in normal sense of smell or taste
- Feeling generally unwell
- Been in close contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 or advised to isolate by Track and Trace
• Please practice social distancing when travelling to training and games
• Please arrive on time.
• Provide your child with a named bottle of hand sanitiser and encourage them to use it regularly
• Ensure your child arrives dressed ready to play as there will be no changing facilities available
• Please bring a named water bottle
• Shin pads MUST be worn
As before, parents will not be allowed to enter Arbour Park to watch training.
Children should be dropped at Gate 4, signed in and then we must ask you to either leave the site or wait in your car. Please do not congregate around the gates.
Children to be collected from Gate 1 at the end of the session.
At drop off and collection, please set good examples to the children by socially distancing and not mixing households, whilst we are in Tier 3.
We may do temperature checks prior to training.
Should your child be required to isolate due to contact, please do let the managers know as this may impact the ability to field a team and games may need to be postponed. This will be more of an issue for teams where several players attend the same school. Any such information will be treated with confidentiality, but is vital we are made aware.
On match days, you are still welcome to attend as spectators – but rules around social distancing apply and bear in mind that Slough is in Tier 3, which means that:
• you cannot mix with other households
• Respect barriers should be erected 2m from the side line
• NHS Track and Trace should be used. Each team will have a QR code and you will be asked to log your attendance by a volunteer.
• If you are asked to move apart by a club official, please do so without arguing. These people are volunteers who are trying to protect your children, so do not deserve to be abused.
Should your child need first aid during a session or game, if you are in attendance, you will be asked to deal with the injury, with the support of a first aider. If you are not there, the first aider will deal with the injury, wearing a mask and gloves.
Numbers will be limited to an overall group of 30 (including coaches)
Sessions will be planned to keep close contact to a minimum and allow social distancing wherever practical.
Equipment will be cleaned regularly and the sharing of it minimized.
Players will be encouraged to maintain good hand hygiene, using hand sanitiser regularly.
Any child who persistently fails to follow instruction will be removed from the session, parents called to collect and will not be allowed to return until such a time as they can adhere to the rules or the rules have been adequately relaxed.
Despite all the new rules, we are delighted to be back and can’t wait to get going again!
We look forward to seeing you all in the coming weeks, playing some football and most importantly preparing for a safe and healthy Christmas.
Kay and Kelly
Copyright 2021 Slough Town F.C. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.sloughtownfc.net as the source.